Monday, June 20, 2011

You are Pregnant

On Friday, I attended Women's Health to take a pregnancy test. My period was 6 days late. Quite the unusual. Earlier that week, my acupuncturist asked if I had been feeling nauseous after she checked my pulse twice in a row. I said, "No. Why are you picking up on something?" "No, " she responds. I told her my partner and I were using protection. She looked at me quizzically and then said, "Well, a baby is going to come when it wants to come no matter what you use."  She was dropping BIG hints. So, it wasn't a huge surprise that come Friday after peeing in a cup, the nurse sat me down and looked at me smiling and said, "You are pregnant." I gasped with joy, fear, relief, shock. I am still working on registering this new information.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 months. We met at a meditation center. He is a dear dear man and I felt drawn to him after he told me he had recently returned from a vision quest in Colombia, my mother's home land. He has the heart of a Lion, is funny, caring, and a lovely lovely spiritual being.

We are about to embark on this journey of parenthood. I have mixed feelings. Shock, delight, terror, rage, joy, bliss, love, frustration, doubt, and faith.

I didn't plan this event.  I need to let go of my original plans to begin to write a fresh script. This blog is my attempt at writing the current script of my present life. Here it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Write on, mama. So looking forward to being with you on this journey. :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww i feel so grateful that you live so close and that we get to do this together. So much love for you.

    ReplyDelete